- Putting together the Dissemination & Exploitation interim and final plan and corresponding Communication (Media) Plan
- Drawing up and implementing a Communication (Media) plan to ensure extensive and positive coverage of the consortium in the national and international media; actively working with the consortium’s “outside” dissemination partners to achieve the project’s dissemination and communication goals;
- Relatedly, writing together the Dissemination & Exploitation plan focusing more specifically on disseminating and opening up new knowledge and know how arising from SciCar
- Developing the project website
- Compiling mailing lists and contact databases (M1-3)
- Dissemination and communication
- Working closely with WPs 2,3,4,5 to communicate and disseminate information about the courses and seminars, joint schools, the results of academic mobility, final conference, collaborative projects, etc.
- Disseminating and communicating the scientific results of the project to diverse audiences, using a variety of tools and strategies, including the project website, mailing lists, events, Facebook, You-tube, social media, etc.
- Organising a series of public dissemination events, such as best practice talks at schools, presentations at education and research fairs, panel discussions, White Paper presentations, etc.
- Developing printed promotional materials introducing the consortium
- Producing short (1-3-minute) multimedia clips to help disseminate and popularise the results of the project (conferences, collaborative projects, major publications, etc.). These will be linked to the project website, and posted on appropriate university platforms (UTTV, Youtube, etc.)
- Collecting and analysing data about the effectiveness and reach of the communication and dissemination effort, as well as reactions and feedback to the project by stake-holders and user communities
- Organising a final research & dissemination conference
Academic journal articles.
Re – UT
Dissertation defended, submission process supported by Sci Car
- Tormi Kotkas, Doctor’s Degree, 2021, (sup) Miia Rannikmäe; Jack Barrie Holbrook, Designing, Implementing and Evaluating Teaching and Learning Modules for Promoting Decision-making Towards STEM Careers, University of Tartu, Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences
Articles which submission has been supported by SciCar experts
- Kotkas, Tormi; Holbrook, Jack; Rannikmäe, Miia (2021). Exploring Students’ Science-Related Career Awareness Changes through Concept Maps. Education Sciences, 11 (4). DOI: 10.3390/educsci11040157.
- Semilarski, H., Soobard, R., Rannikmäe, M. (2021). Promoting students perceived self-efficacy towards 21st century skills through everyday life-related scenarios. Education Sciences, 11 (10), 1−18. DOI: 10.3390/educsci11100570.
- Semilarski, Helen; Soobard, Regina; Holbrook, Jack & Rannikmäe, Miia (2021). Exploring The Complexity of Student-Created Mind Maps, Based On Science-Related Disciplinary and Interdisciplinary Core Ideas. Interdisciplinary Journal of Environmental and Science Education, 17 (1), e2227. DOI: 10.29333/ijese/9153.
- Soobard, R; Valdmann, A; Mikser, R; Rannikmäe, M. (2021). Karjääriteadlikkusele suunatud õpistsenaariumite kasutamine loodusteadusliku kirjaoskuse kujundamiseks [Teacher views on the use of scenarios to enhance scientific literacy through raising career awareness]. Eesti Haridusteaduste Ajakiri = Estonian Journal of Education, 9 (2), 72-99 DOI: 10.12697/eha.2021.9.2.04 http://ojs.utlib.ee/index.php/EHA/article/view/eha.2021.9.2.04/12991
- Teppo, Moonika; Soobard, Regina; Rannikmäe, Miia (2021). A Study Comparing Intrinsic Motivation and Opinions on Learning Science (Grades 6) and Taking the International PISA Test (Grade 9). Education Sciences, 11 (1), 14. DOI: 10.3390/educsci11010014.
- Lavonen,J.( 2021) How the Finnish compulsory school science curriculum emphasises scientific literacy. Eesti Haridusteaduste Ajakiri = Estonian Journal of Education, 9 (2), 26-46DOI: https://doi.org/10.12697/eha.2021.9.2.02ahttps://eha.ut.ee/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/17_02b_lavonen.pdf
- Grabau, L. J., Lavonen, J., & Juuti, K. (2021). Finland, a package deal: Disciplinary climate in science classes, science dispositions and science literacy. Sustainability (Switzerland), 13(24), . https://doi.org/10.3390/su132413857
- Makkonen, T., Tirri, K., & Lavonen, J. (2021). Engagement in Learning Physics Through Project-Based Learning: A Case Study of Gifted Finnish Upper-Secondary-Level Students. Journal of advanced academics, 32(4), 501-532. https://doi.org/10.1177/1932202X211018644
- Vilhunen, E., Tang, X., Juuti, K., Lavonen, J., & Salmela-Aro, K. (2021). Instructional Activities Predicting Epistemic Emotions in Finnish Upper Secondary School Science Lessons: Combining Experience Sampling and Video Observations.
- Juuti, K., Lavonen, J., Salonen, V., Salmela-Aro, K., Schneider, B., & Krajcik, J. (2021). A Teacher–Researcher Partnership for Professional Learning: Co-Designing Project-Based Learning Units to Increase Student Engagement in Science Classes. Journal of Science Teacher Education, 32(6), 625-641. https://doi.org/10.1080/1046560X.2021.1872207
- Akiri, E., Dori, Y.J. (2021). Professional Growth of Novice and Experienced STEM Teachers. Journal of Science Education Technology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10956
- Mamlok-Naaman, R., & Mandler, D. (2020). Education for Sustainable Development in High School through Inquiry-Type Socio-Scientific Issues. In: S. Obare, C. Middlecamp and J Peterman (Eds). Chemistry Education for a Sustainable Society, Vol 1, 69-78. ACS publication.
- Waldman, R., & Blonder, R. (2020). A sense of community in a professional learning community of chemistry teachers: A study of an online platform for group communication. In Y. Ben-David Kolikant, D. Martinovic, & M. Milner-Bolotin (Eds.), STEM teachers and teaching in the digital era: Professional expectations and advancement in the 21st Century schools (pp. 111-139). Cham: Springer International Publishing. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-29396-3
Non-scientific non-reviewed publications
- Kuidas mõtestada end looduskeskkonna osana (How to make sense of yourself as part of the natural environment)
The SciCar project website has 2 parts (a) open (b) closed (for partners only)
(a) the website www.scicar.eu
Re UT website: www.ut.ee
www.weizmann.ac.il/ScienceTeaching/research-and-development/chemistry/projects/1264 (English) and www.weizmann.ac.il/ScienceTeaching/he/research-and-development/chemistry/projects/addressing-attractiveness-science-career-awareness- (Hebrew)